What's on my Nightstand...
What's on my nightstand...
Books! I struggled with what to write about for my first blog entry on here. I thought about everything that I want to share with my clients, and there are just too many things. So, I am starting with something that I am absolutely passionate about-reading. I usually have no less than 3-4 books going at one time. Books help us escape, experience situations that we may never get to experience in real life, help us in our time of need, make us laugh, make us cry (sometimes even ugly cry), make us forget, make us remember, and so on and so on.
I really wanted to share the books that I am currently reading right now so you can get a better idea of who I am. I read ALL kinds of books. There is not just one category that I like better than another. Here is a little more info on the books pictured above:
1. The Complete Yoga Book by James Hewitt- Very thorough discussion of Yoga. He has a section each for breathing, postures and meditation. There are illustrations for most of the postures and each is explained in detail. It took me a little while to get through this book, but I keep going back to it as a reference! It is highlighted and marked up to the nines on the inside.
2. Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell- the subtitle "A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within" is a great description. This is a beautiful book that calls on women to get back to the sanctuary of Sisterhood and remember that we are all here to support one another. From the back cover-"It is a manual for healing the insecurities, the fears and the limiting inherited patterns that stop women from trusting their innate power and wisdom, and being the person they came here to be."
3. The Bible- I love exploring the Bible. One of my favorite things to do is just open it up and see where I land. There is always something to learn. It's fascinating and inspiring.
4. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith, Ph. D.- If you are at all interested in learning about chakras, what they mean and why they are important-this is the book to learn from. I started out with this on audiobook and decided that I had to have the hard copy. It is something that I will constantly refer back to. Again, not a light, easy read, but definitely worth your time.
5. Energy Medicine by Donna Eden- This book is awesome! A detailed explanation of how energy moves in our bodies, how meridians and chakras work, exercises to do to work with the energy, and so much more. This is another one that I had on audio first and had to own a hard copy of. I felt like I understood the energetic properties of our bodies until I read this book. Good stuff!
6. Click Magazine~For the Modern Photograp(her)- Okay, this one isn't really a book, but it's always close by and I love when it comes every-other-month, so I had to include it. It is full of gorgeous photos and well-written articles that are geared toward photographers that are women. Although, I do think that any photographer would appreciate it, female or male. I always find really cool new products in there too!
So, that's my nightstand round-up! What books are you reading right now? Have you read any of the ones above and if you have, what did you think?
If you would like to receive FREE monthly tips, mediations and other good stuff in your inbox, sign-up for the Monthly Newsletter HERE.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I am a wife, mom, photographer, avid reader, Yoga enthusiast, nature lover, traveler, adventurer, and child of God, who loves to learn about anything and everything and is just trying to help others see the beautiful beings that they are! Welcome to the blog for my website. Here you will find articles about many, various items of interest. I am a Reiki Practitioner, Life Coach, Yoga Instructor, Energy Healer, Astrologer, custom Mala Creator and your go-to for the support that you have been looking for. Thank you for stopping in!