What is your imagination creating in 2017?
There's always a push at the beginning of a new year to do something drastic, to make a BIG change for the coming year. How often do you see people posting about a new fitness routine or making a resolution to go to the gym? Or change their eating habits? Or that they are going to lose "X" amount of pounds? There's nothing fundamentally wrong with these resolutions or 'goals.' The problem is that these great ideas and good intentions usually don't stick! There's a very good and very obvious reason for this. They are all focused on the outside, without addressing what is going on internally.
It's great to want to eat healthier, to exercise more, to lose a little weight-if it's for the right reasons. If the focus is only on the outcome to be a superficial goal, most likely that goal won't be met. If you shift your focus to becoming healthier (whole body) in the process, to building a stronger body to support your energy levels or to feel better in your current clothes-that's going to take you much further to reach that 'goal.' Only focusing on what you are looking at in the mirror everyday, or deciding each day is 'good' or 'bad' dependent on whether or not you think you look good, isn't going to be a good basis for putting that resolution into creation.
What is your imagination creating for this year?? What does this year look like for you? THIS is what I want you to focus on. Paint a picture of what this year is going to look like-your intentions for your career, family, self, household, etc. Write it down in a journal, cut out photos of how you want your house to look, pick up books that encourage you to deepen your relationship with your loved ones, sign-up for a course that helps you to better your skills at your current job. Notice I didn't just say, "write it down and put your attention on those things." You have to put action behind your dreams & imagination to actually see it created!
Imagine it, describe it, write it, and then create it! Whatever action you take is what will lead to whether or not you manifest your dream. Get our of your own way! Often times, we are our own worst roadblock. What we tell ourselves on a daily basis can either be very inspiring for creating our dreams, or responsible for bringing them crashing down around us. This is not about having a Pollyanna attitude, it's about believing in yourself to make sure that you stay on the path of action to achieve your dream that you have imagined. Creation comes from action. Action takes dedication. Dedication to spending the time on you. Get rid of the junk so that nothing will keep you from believing in yourself and your dream.
If you want to learn how to visualize what your ideal 2017 looks like, and learn how to start to take the action steps to get there, sign-up HERE for our free 5-day Learn to FLY online workshop. It's chock-full of tips & tricks to get you focused on imagining, creating and working towards your best year yet! You'll receive an e-mail in your inbox each of the 5 days with a new practice to do each day and tips to help you visualize your ideal year. All you need is to have an open mind and a willingness to spend some time on you each of those 5 days! You'll be doing a little writing, so having a journal on hand is good, or if you like to keep things electronic an app like Evernote (which is free) or Day One ($4.99) is recommended. I've just been introduced to Day One and it looks really intriguing! You can find either app in the App Store.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me before signing up! This is going to be an exciting journey and I will be there with you every step of the way.
Love and Light~
Looking for the sign-up form for the 5-day online workshop? Just click HERE. Watch your inbox after you sign-up through the form, you will have to confirm your subscription as well.
What's on my nightstand...
Books! I struggled with what to write about for my first blog entry on here. I thought about everything that I want to share with my clients, and there are just too many things. So, I am starting with something that I am absolutely passionate about-reading. I usually have no less than 3-4 books going at one time. Books help us escape, experience situations that we may never get to experience in real life, help us in our time of need, make us laugh, make us cry (sometimes even ugly cry), make us forget, make us remember, and so on and so on.
I really wanted to share the books that I am currently reading right now so you can get a better idea of who I am. I read ALL kinds of books. There is not just one category that I like better than another. Here is a little more info on the books pictured above:
1. The Complete Yoga Book by James Hewitt- Very thorough discussion of Yoga. He has a section each for breathing, postures and meditation. There are illustrations for most of the postures and each is explained in detail. It took me a little while to get through this book, but I keep going back to it as a reference! It is highlighted and marked up to the nines on the inside.
2. Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell- the subtitle "A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within" is a great description. This is a beautiful book that calls on women to get back to the sanctuary of Sisterhood and remember that we are all here to support one another. From the back cover-"It is a manual for healing the insecurities, the fears and the limiting inherited patterns that stop women from trusting their innate power and wisdom, and being the person they came here to be."
3. The Bible- I love exploring the Bible. One of my favorite things to do is just open it up and see where I land. There is always something to learn. It's fascinating and inspiring.
4. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith, Ph. D.- If you are at all interested in learning about chakras, what they mean and why they are important-this is the book to learn from. I started out with this on audiobook and decided that I had to have the hard copy. It is something that I will constantly refer back to. Again, not a light, easy read, but definitely worth your time.
5. Energy Medicine by Donna Eden- This book is awesome! A detailed explanation of how energy moves in our bodies, how meridians and chakras work, exercises to do to work with the energy, and so much more. This is another one that I had on audio first and had to own a hard copy of. I felt like I understood the energetic properties of our bodies until I read this book. Good stuff!
6. Click Magazine~For the Modern Photograp(her)- Okay, this one isn't really a book, but it's always close by and I love when it comes every-other-month, so I had to include it. It is full of gorgeous photos and well-written articles that are geared toward photographers that are women. Although, I do think that any photographer would appreciate it, female or male. I always find really cool new products in there too!
So, that's my nightstand round-up! What books are you reading right now? Have you read any of the ones above and if you have, what did you think?
If you would like to receive FREE monthly tips, mediations and other good stuff in your inbox, sign-up for the Monthly Newsletter HERE.
I am a wife, mom, photographer, avid reader, Yoga enthusiast, nature lover, traveler, adventurer, and child of God, who loves to learn about anything and everything and is just trying to help others see the beautiful beings that they are! Welcome to the blog for my website. Here you will find articles about many, various items of interest. I am a Reiki Practitioner, Life Coach, Yoga Instructor, Energy Healer, Astrologer, custom Mala Creator and your go-to for the support that you have been looking for. Thank you for stopping in!